My latest tech toy is an HP Scanjet 5530 Photosmart Scanner (wow that’s a mouthful). The defining feature of this scanner is the photo feeder built in. Simply add a pile of photos (around 24 max at a time) into the feeder, press a button, and go watch your Tivo’d episode of 24 while your photos scan (it doesn’t take all that long).Read More
Oh my fucking lord…Read More
- Specifications are for the weak and timid!
- This machine is a piece of GAGH! I need dual Pentium processors if I am to do battle with this code!
- You cannot really appreciate Dilbert unless you’ve read it in the original Klingon.
- Indentation?! – I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
- What is this talk of ‘release’? Klingons do not make software ‘releases’. Our software ‘escapes’ leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
- Klingon function calls do not have ‘parameters’ – they have ‘arguments’ – and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
- Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
- I have challenged the entire quality assurance team to a Bat-Leth contest. They will not concern us again.
- A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment his code!
- By filing this SPR you have challenged the honor of my family. Prepare to die!
- You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
- Our users will know fear and cower before our software. Ship it! Ship it, and let them flee like the dogs they are!
I’ve never played Allegiance. I’ve never even heard of the game. But Microsoft is releasing the source code rather than abandoning the game. It’s a large download, but an interesting look at the full source code for a game.Read More
I usually ignore the spam that I get (and I get a bunch), but I read one of them a bit more carefully:
We hereby inform you that your computer was scanned under the IP 188.8.131.52 . The contents of your computer were confiscated as an evidence, and you will be indicated.
Umm… I think that the author was probablyÂlooking forÂâ€inditedâ€.
Quick, what’s the hex code for question mark? How about the ampersand? Since, like me, you probably don’t waste valuable space in your brain with that type of information, I have a little trick for you to quickly look up the hex encoding (or URLEncoding) for a character that doesn’t require you building an ASP or ASP.NET page and calling Server.UrlEncode().Read More
Port knocking is a method of establishing extra security between a networked computer and the outside world. It seems like a great idea. For hosts that are running private services that need to be connected to the net, require clients to make a specific series of connection attempts to various ports. After the correct sequence is made, the firewall opens up the port for the client. This would be very difficult to uncover via a port scan.Read More
My coworkers have been sending me some funny videos to get me caught up with pop-internet culture. Click on the “Humor” category to the left to see the latest funny videos. The Dave Chappelle one is especially worth watching.Read More
Can somebody out there point me to a reference that explicitly says whether or not we can count on the underlying order of a DataTable rows to be the same order that is returned by a SQL statement or a Stored Procedure?Read More
It’s amazing the fallout over the Janet Jackson breast incident.Read More
I’m working with a third party component (I will not name the guilty party) that has a method with the following signature and implementation (with no overrides):Read More
So what is up with this ugly new site? Basically it is one of those “Oh gawd, a developer is trying to design” designs. It is one of the default designs that comes with a blogging back-end that I am now using. You’ll also notice that my URL is some funky long piece of work with “europe” in it. No, I haven’t moved to europe. My good man Erik pointed me towards free ASP.NET hosting with SQL Server access. I’m trying it out and hosting my blog here. As for the design,don’t worry, it is temporary. I have some underground monkeys working feverishly hard to produce a mind blowing, head splitting, taste bud exciting new design. Some new features to note:Read More