Yesterday Akumi, Laura, Judy, and I drove to Mountain High (not a reference to smoking out) for a day of snowboarding. This would be my second time snowboarding since the big Conversion from skiing. Right now, I would rate myself as an intermediate snowboarder and advanced intermediate skiier.Read More
Interesting news item I foundRead More
Ok, I admit it. I’m a unit-tester-aholic. I’m compulsive about it. Sometimes going overboard:Read More
So I was off to a running start with my ambitious new goals of contributing to several open source projects and creating a blog worth reading. But as my wife so keenly pointed out, as soon as I get an inch better, I try to take it a yard.Read More
I thought this was a joke until I realized that it was on Yahoo news. Bush and Cheney say we attacked Iraq because Saddam COULD HAVE made weapons of mass destruction. “Could have”. Gee, well North Korea “could have” made WMDs. Should we attack them? How about India who DO have. Heck, with a bit of time, I think I have enough intelligence and skill to make a WMD. Should I expect an airstrike on my apartment sometime soon? I hope not, my wife would not be pleased.Read More
So I keep blabbing and blabbing about my new RSS Feed. I keep imploring you to get an RSS aggregator and subscribe to my feed. What the hell am I talking about?!Read More
My latest tech toy is an HP Scanjet 5530 Photosmart Scanner (wow that’s a mouthful). The defining feature of this scanner is the photo feeder built in. Simply add a pile of photos (around 24 max at a time) into the feeder, press a button, and go watch your Tivo’d episode of 24 while your photos scan (it doesn’t take all that long).Read More
Oh my fucking lord…Read More
- Specifications are for the weak and timid!
- This machine is a piece of GAGH! I need dual Pentium processors if I am to do battle with this code!
- You cannot really appreciate Dilbert unless you’ve read it in the original Klingon.
- Indentation?! – I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
- What is this talk of ‘release’? Klingons do not make software ‘releases’. Our software ‘escapes’ leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
- Klingon function calls do not have ‘parameters’ – they have ‘arguments’ – and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
- Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
- I have challenged the entire quality assurance team to a Bat-Leth contest. They will not concern us again.
- A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment his code!
- By filing this SPR you have challenged the honor of my family. Prepare to die!
- You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
- Our users will know fear and cower before our software. Ship it! Ship it, and let them flee like the dogs they are!
I’ve never played Allegiance. I’ve never even heard of the game. But Microsoft is releasing the source code rather than abandoning the game. It’s a large download, but an interesting look at the full source code for a game.Read More
I usually ignore the spam that I get (and I get a bunch), but I read one of them a bit more carefully:
We hereby inform you that your computer was scanned under the IP 184.108.40.206 . The contents of your computer were confiscated as an evidence, and you will be indicated.
Umm… I think that the author was probablyÂlooking forÂâ€inditedâ€.
Quick, what’s the hex code for question mark? How about the ampersand? Since, like me, you probably don’t waste valuable space in your brain with that type of information, I have a little trick for you to quickly look up the hex encoding (or URLEncoding) for a character that doesn’t require you building an ASP or ASP.NET page and calling Server.UrlEncode().Read More