This blog is experiencing technical difficulties. Do not adjust your browser.
Hi there. If you’ve tried to visit this blog recently you might have noticed it’s been down a lot in the last two days. My apologies for that, but hopefully you found what you needed via various online web caches.
I’ve been dogfooding the latest version of Subtext and as CodingHorror points out, dogfood tastes bad.
I’ve done a lot of testing on my local box, but there are a class of bugs that I’m only going to find on a high traffic real site, and boy have I found them!
Some of them might be peculiar to my specific data or environment, but
others were due to assumptions I made that were wrong. For example, if
ThreadPool.QueueUserWorkItem to launch a task, and that task
throws an unhandled exception, that can bring your entire App Domain
down. Keep that in mind if you think to use that method for a
fire-and-forget style task.
In any case, the point of this post is to say that we’re not going to release the next version of Subtext until it’s rock solid. My blog going down occasionally is the cost I’m incurring in order to make sure the next version of Subtext is a beast that won’t quit.