I finally have my registration worked out and I’m officially going to Mix09 this year! Woohoo! Not only am I going, but I’ll be speaking at Mix for the first time, so be sure to come by and say hi.
I’ve mentioned this before, but Mix is easily one of my favorite Microsoft conferences. Jeff Atwood said it well:
MIX is by far my favorite Microsoft conference after attending the ’06 and ’07 iterations…
What I love about Mix is that it …
- is relatively small and intimate, at around 2,000 attendees.
- seamlessly merges software engineering and design.
- includes a lot of non-Microsoft folks, even those that are traditionally hostile to Microsoft, so there’s plenty of perspective.
I’ve been to every one so far:
- Mix 06 The first one ever where Atwood, Galloway, and I tore things up.
- Mix 07 The one where I met Miguel, saw the genesis of Moonlight, and decided I wanted to join Microsoft.
- Mix 08 The first to have a talk on ASP.NET MVC given by Scott Hanselman.
- Mix 09 We’ll see…
I’ll be giving the following two sessions at Mix this year:
MIX09-T50F ASP.NET MVC: America’s Next Top Model View Controller Framework
See how to build a simple application that highlights some of the key capabilities of ASP.NET MVC. Also, learn how to improve productivity using some of the cool new tooling features
MIX09-T44F Microsoft ASP.NET Model View Controller (MVC): Ninja on Fire Black Belt Tips
See a walkthrough of several tips and tricks for getting the most out of the ASP.NET MVC framework.
The first talk is an introductory overview and the second one allows me to dig in a bit more.
I’ve been working hard on putting together some demos so I will hopefully have something interesting to show off. In any case, if you’re going to the conference, leave a comment and when you’re there, be sure to come by and say hello.
Also, let me know if there’s anything specific you’d like me to cover. This should be a fun one.