Art Of Test WebAii Looks Promising For Testing The Web
He did a bit of digging and found this free web automation infrastructure product by Art Of Test Inc. called WebAii (they also have a blog). It seems to do everything we want and more. Check out some of these features (the full feature list is much longer).
- Supports IE and Firefox
- Supports DOM actions and pure UI Mouse/Keyboard actions for Ajax Testing
- For ASP.NET testing, you can use an In-Process Host for fast browser-less testing without a webserver
- Use ASP.NET Development Server (aka Cassini) to run tests without IIS
- Use name, id, xpath identifications. (Need to see if they support Regex too)
- Extensions for NUnit and VS Team Test (I’ll ping them to build one for MbUnit)
These are just a small sampling of the many features. It sounds like this would be a killer web testing app. Does anyone have experience with it?
We’re going to evaluate it and I’ll keep you posted, but I thought I’d mention it here because it sounds great.
Features I’d Like To See In A Web Unit Testing Tool
- Ability to set the UserAgent and Referrer
- Ability to set request headers
- Ability to hook into and verify the status of a redirect. For example, if a page redirects, I want to be able to assert that the HTTP Status code for the redirect