My Year In Blogging - 2005
In a blatant ripoff of Scott H, I am going to post the best of “You’ve Been Haacked” 2005 edition. This year, you laughed, you cried and when you were done, you came over and briefly glanced at my blog. But I took it in stride and continued to write, rant and rave… and this was the best I could come up with in 20051^.
- Quickstart Guide to Open Source Development with CVS and SourceForge\ Hopefully this helps get many .NET devs to get involved in open source.
- An Abstract Boilerplate HttpHandler\ Wherein I first ripoff Scott, make a slight improvement, and attempt to take all the credit.
- Quick and Dirty Guid to Configuring Log4Net for Web Applications\ I know this has helped a few people.
- Using Embedded Resources for Client Script Blogs in ASP.NET\ Another moment of embracing and extending.
- Matching HTML with Regular Expressions Redux\ Matching html with regular expressions.
- Design Patterns Isn’t a Golden Hammer\ It is really more of a silvery colored hammer.
- There is no Perfect Design\ Just look at the Platypus.
- Announcing Subtext, A Fork of .TEXT for Your Blogging Pleasure\ Despite not having released this puppy yet, this has been a fulfilling personal project.
- Exception Injection Using a Custom SOAP Extension\ My wife loved this one.
- Simulating Http Context For Unit Tests Without Using Cassinni nor IIS
- Rollback Attribute for NUnit 2.2.1 and Above.\ Useful for us non-purists.
- Does Mort Know We’re Talking Smack About Him Behind His Back?\ This one touched off a lot of comments about coworkers.
- Going Into Design Debt\ It happens to us all.
- DevSource Article On Exceptions\ The one where I collaborate with Bob Reselman
- A Closer Look at the Dispose Pattern
- I’m Going Independent!\ Well, this was significant to me.
- Good Korean Food in Los Angeles \ Developers gotta eat!
- Dreaming of Yakitori\ A great yakitori place in Tokyo.
- Photos From Burning Man\ At least the ones I’m willing to share.
- New Job \ Where a friend and I start a company.
- Highlights From Spain\ A great trip!
^1^ There is no objective criteria for choosing these posts. I simply deemed these to be the highlights.