Job Posting: Rockstars Developer(s) Needed
We here at “You’ve Been Haacked” (well, actually just me) bend over backwards (and sideways) looking to enhance your Haacked experience and deliver more bang for your buck (What!? You’re not paying for this content? You lousy cheapskates!). To that end, we are adding Job Postings to the litany of entertaining drivel posted on this site. At least, we are adding this one job posting and reserve the right to add others. Here is an opportunity to work closely with yours truly on a project or two. Please, only reply if you have the skills to pay the bills.
Web Application Developer / Solution Architect
We are a startup technology consulting company that believes IT matters more than just TCO and ROI calculations (And we prefer two-letter acronyms to three-letter acronyms). We have an immediate need for web application developers and architects who want to work with an experienced team of motivated, intelligent, and fun folks.
Our focus is on delivering business value more than just pure technological solutions, though solid technical skills are critical. What else would we shoot the breeze about during internal conference calls? So we are asking for a lot, since we hope that you’re just as comfortable talking to the client as you are with your fellow developers.
Right now, this is a short term contract position, but if things work out well, you never know. You’ll be working in a most comfortable office environment, your home! Alright then, let’s get to the usual litany of job posting details.
Three to six month contract $65 - $95 / hour depending on experience, skills, and general all around awesomeness.
- 2+ years of technology consultant experience with direct client interaction (You know, “clients”. The folks that pay the bills.).
- Excellent communication skills: spoken, written, visual, and otherwise.
- Motivated, autonomous, self-starter. You need to be able to work effectively from home.
- You must have in-depth knowledge (2+ years) of several web
application technologies such as:
- (X)HTML and CSS. Ideally, you’re a fan of CSS ZenGarden. If not, fake it.
- XML Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, WS-*)
- Web application security
- XML, including XSD, XSLT, etc.
- Must know Microsoft ASP.NET and C# as if your life depended on it. This job does.
- Object Oriented Design.
- DotNetNuke or knowledge of other content management / extranet / portal technologies.
- SQL Server 2000 preferred, though excellent knowledge of other DBMS will be considered.
- MapPoint Web Services
- Experience with CRM, ERP, or financial systems
- Experience with full product development life-cycle and development processes.
- Know UML and understand Design Patterns, when to use them, and when not to.
- Experienced with Test-Driven Development and NUnit.
If you are interested, and you have what it takes, and you think we have what it takes, send me your resume to haacked at gmail d0t com (<— Yeah, that’s a really challenging puzzle to weed out the riff-raff and spammers).